Moms Mayonnaise Cake
My Moms Mayonnaise Cake recipe is the best chocolate cake you will ever eat! Its so good you don’t even need to frost it! I have frosted it with every icing from mint to coffee and every kind in between.
I can’t remember my mom ever frosting this cake when we were kids. Next month will be 2 years since my mom passed away. I miss her very much and making these recipes of hers are always bittersweet. It always reminds me of her and that is marvelous but it also reminds me of how much I miss her. She lived over 1100 miles away but was an important part of my kids life. Either on the phone or jumping on a plane to see at least a concert or special day! So this mothers day I will have my moms mayonnaise cake and reminisce with my kids about her!
Don’t let the fact that there is mayonnaise in there scare you away from this cake. Think about what mayo is; eggs and oil. That is basically all the mayonnaise is replacing in this recipe. There are no eggs or oil yet this cake will come out moist EVERY time. Mayo cake is marvelously moist!
This recipe is part of Sunday Suppers Mom’s Favorite Recipes. Below this recipe you will find about 50 other recipes that are sure to please mom! My friends share some amazing recipes. Make sure to check them out! You can also tweet with us using the hashtag #SundaySupper on Sunday evenings at 7pm.
Moms Mayonnaise Cake Recipe
1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
3 cups flour
2/3 cups cocoa powder
3 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2-2 cups water
Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour a 13×9 cake pan.
In a medium bowl combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
In a large bowl combine mayonnaise, sugar, and vanilla. Using an electric mixer alternate adding the dry ingredients and the water until all the dry is incorporated. You want the batter to flow nicely through the beater blades when you stop adding water.
- 1½ cups mayonnaise
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1½ tsp vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- ⅔ cups cocoa powder
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 1½ teaspoon salt
- 1½-2 cups water
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour a 13x9 cake pan.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine mayonnaise, sugar, and vanilla. Using an electric mixer alternate adding the dry ingredients and the water until all the dry is incorporated. You want the batter to flow nicely through the beater blades when you stop adding water.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool (ice if you want) and enjoy! #HomemadeYUMMY
Starters (Appetizers, Beverages, Breakfast):
- Banana Bread Baked Oatmeal by Cooking With Carlee
- Frozen Pina Colada by The Redhead Baker
- Goats Cheese Rolls with Honey and Thyme by Manu’s Menu
- Mom’s Banana Bread by Family Around the Table
- Mom’s Famous Poppy Seed Bread With A Citrus Glaze by And She Cooks
- Mom’s Wine Spritzer by Momma’s Meals
Salads, Side Dishes, and Sauces:
- Asiago Bruschetta Roasted Asparagus by Flavor Mosaic
- Italian Country Salad by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Mom’s Cucumbers in Vinegar by Simple And Savory
- Mom’s Homemade Perogies by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Mom’s Potato Salad by Palatable Pastime
- Polish Haluski (Pan Fried Noodles & Sauerkraut) by The Crumby Cupcake
- Spinach Salad with Simple Vinaigrette by Cooking Chat
- Zippy Barbecue Sauce by Amee’s Savory Dish
- Chicken and Egg Salad Sandwich by The Freshman Cook
- Grilled Chicken with Poblano Cream Sauce by Casa de Crews
- Fried Smelt by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Granny Smith’s Meatloaf by Get the Good Stuff!
- Jean’s Best Vegetable Soup by Food Lust People Love
- Lemon & Garlic Herbed Roasted Chicken by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Mama’s Favorite Southern Fried Chicken by The Chef Next Door
- Mom’s Cheese & Onion Enchiladas by The TipToe Fairy
- Mom’s Lentil Toastadas by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Mom’s Moussaka by My Life Cookbook
- Shirley’s Potato Soup by Our Good Life
- Mom’s Spare Ribs To Go by An Italian in my Kitchen
- Mom’s Sukiyaki: Japanese Beef and Vegetables Hot Pot by Asian In America
- Myra’s Super Supper by Tramplingrose
- Pizza Meatloaf by A Mind Full Mom
- Slow Cooker Cabbage Rolls by Cookin’ Mimi
- Apple Bread Pudding with Butterscotch Sauce by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Apple Crisp by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Baklava by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Brown Sugar Pudding by Un Assaggio of Food, Wine & Marriage
- Butter Balls by Feeding and More
- Carrot Cream Cheese Coffee Cake by Pies and Plots
- Chocolate Cherry Truffle Cheesecake by What Smells So Good?
- Crustless Pecan Pie Rice Pudding by Desserts Required
- Double Layer Chocolate Cake with Red Wine Chocolate Buttercream by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Easy Classic Date Squares by She Loves Biscotti
- Gluten Free Strawberry Rhubarb Cake by What The Fork Food Blog
- Homemade Chocolate Cherry Candies by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Hungarian Crepes: Palacsinta by My Gourmet Connection
- Lemon Cookies with White Chocolate and Mint by The Finer Cookie
- Lemon Pound Cake with Lemon Glaze and Roasted Strawberries by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Mom’s Apple Pie by Wholistic Woman
- Mom’s Famous White Icing by Monica’s Table
- Moms Mayonnaise Cake by My World Simplified
- Pavlova with Raspberries and Cream by Caroline’s Cooking
- Rocky Road Brownie Sundae for Mom by The Weekend Gourmet
- Rose Shortbread Cookies by Baking Sense
- Sour Cream Cheesecake by Magnolia Days
Plus What Mom Really Wants for Mother’s Day plus Mom’s Favorite from Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.