Amish Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad
Amish Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad reminds me of coleslaw but better! I am not the biggest fan of cabbage but I do like coleslaw. This is a perfect replacement for coleslaw on your summer picnic list! This is also a great side dish to bring to the family reunion, company picnic or other bring a dish to pass event!
This dish is also part of Sunday Suppers Summers Best Potluck Dishes! Below this recipe you will find more great recipes from my Sunday Supper friends. You can have a summer full of potlucks and never repeat the dish you bring.
My Amish Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad is not only marvelously delicious but its also healthy. My friend Helen over at Well Being Secrets has some over 40 science-backed health benefits of broccoli. She also has some great recipes using broccoli.
Amish Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad Recipe:
1 1/2 cup mayo
1 1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp each of salt and pepper
1 pound of bacon cooked
8 ounces cheese
1 head cauliflower
1 bunch of broccoli
Cut broccoli and cauliflower into bite size pieces. Also cut the cheese into small chunks. Crumble the bacon. Mix these all together in a large bowl. Set aside.
In a small bowl whisk together sour cream, mayo, sugar, salt and pepper until combined.
Pour over broccoli mixture and stir to combine. Refrigerate covered for 4-8 hours or until chilled. Serve cold and enjoy!
- 1½ cup mayo
- 1½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ tsp each of salt and pepper
- 1 pound of bacon cooked
- 8 ounces cheese
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 bunch of broccoli
- Cut broccoli and cauliflower into bite size pieces. Also cut the cheese into small chunks. Crumble the bacon. Mix these all together in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk together sour cream, mayo, sugar, salt and pepper until combined.
- Pour over broccoli mixture and stir to combine. Refrigerate for 4-8 hours or until chilled. Serve cold and enjoy!
- Calamari salad with fennel and avocado by Caroline’s Cooking
- Coronation Chicken Deviled Eggs by Food Lust People Love
- Creamy Ranch Tortilla Pinwheels with Roasted Red Peppers by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Roasted Corn Salsa by Casa de Crews
- Walnut Grapes by Eat, Drink and Be Tracy
- Watermelon Salad with Feta Cheese and Mint by April Golightly
Sides and Salads
- Amish Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad by My World Simplified
- Antipasto Pasta Salad by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Arugula Pesto Pasta Salad with Grilled Chicken by Hardly A Goddess
- Cheddar Bacon Ranch Potato Salad by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Chopped Caprese Salad by Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Crunchy Coleslaw by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Cumin Scented Quinoa with Black Bean and Corn Salsa by The Hungry Goddess
- Easy Summer Chickpea Salad by She Loves Biscotti
- Elotes by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Frog Eye Salad by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Gluten Free Grilled Corn Salad by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Layered Salad with Green Goddess Dressing by Delaware Girl Eats
- No Mayo Potato Salad by Simple and Savory
- Roasted Vegetable Couscous Salad by My Life Cookbook
- Spaghetti Salad with Italian Dressing by Kitchen Gidget
- Summer Grain Salad by Pook’s Pantry
- Summer Tortellini Salad by Palatable Pastime
- Tarragon Marinated Brussels Sprouts by Beauty and the Beets
- Steve’s Fried Chicken by Monica’s Table
- Blueberry Ginger Parfaits by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Blueberry Slab Pie by The Chef Next Door
- Caramel Icebox Cake by Cookin’ Mimi
- Caramel “Doughnut” Cake by What Smells So Good?
- Cherry Crumb Bars by The Redhead Baker
- Chocolate Eclair Cake by Tramplingrose: Cooking, Baking & Ranting in Small-Town South Dakota
- Coconut Lime Ice Cream by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Cookie Butter Caramel Swirl Brownies by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Double Chocolate Blondies by Family Around The Table
- Frozen Champagne Salad by Moore or Less Cooking
- How to make a Pineapple Summer Cake by Asian In America
- Lemon Icebox Bars by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Mini Strawberry-Rhubarb Crisps with Coconut by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- No-Bake Summer Berry Cream Cheese Tarts by Magnolia Days
- Peach Dumplings by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Peanut Butter Bars by Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- S’mores Blondies by Alida’s Kitchen
- Strawberry Pretzel Pie by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Summertime S’Mores by The Freshman Cook
- Triple Peanut Butter Cookies by Cooking With Carlee
- White Sheet Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Whole Wheat Strawberry Galette by The Bitter Side of Sweet
Plus Lemon Yogurt Pound Cake and Best Potluck Dishes from Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement