Serrano Ham and Goat Cheese Croquettes #SundaySupper
Serrano Ham and Goat Cheese Croquettes are a Spanish tapas recipe I created for Sunday Supper’s Spanish Tapas. Spanish tapas are basically appetizers or small meals. I enjoy them because you can try many different dishes instead of one meal.
These flavors came out great. The goat cheese was very mild and added a creaminess to the potatoes. These would be great with a Chimichurri or aioli sauce but we never got around to dipping them. Both time I made them, they disappeared before anyone could realize they needed dip.
My family enjoyed the Serrano Ham and Goat Cheese Croquettes so much they now want me to make them weekly. We also made a few other tapas recipe that I will share another time. I enjoyed the Spanish flavors and will be experimenting with them more. Let me know what you think.
Serrano Ham & Goat Cheese Croquettes Recipe
2 pounds gold potatoes (about 4-6 potato)
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 pound serrano ham slices
2 ounces goat cheese
3/4 cup bread crumbs
oil for frying
Scrub potatoes and boil until tender. Cool until you can handle them. Peel the skins and place on a baking sheet. Using a masher, smash the potatoes on the baking sheet. Add the butter, salt, and pepper; smash more.
Once the potatoes are an even consistency add the cheese and work that into the potatoes evenly. Stir in the ham. Shape into tubes the size of huge fingers. Place in the freezer for an hour or more.
In a shallow bowl, add the egg and whisk. In a separate shallow bowl add the bread crumbs. Dip each potato piece in the egg, let excess egg fall off, then roll in bread crumbs. Continue for each of the pieces of potato. Fry in hot oil until golden on each side. Serve hot and enjoy!
- 2 pounds gold potatoes (about 4-6 potato)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ pound serrano ham slices
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup bread crumbs
- oil for frying
- Scrub potatoes and boil until tender. Cool until you can handle them. Peel the skins and place on a baking sheet. Using a masher, smash the potatoes on the baking sheet. Add the butter, salt, and pepper; smash more.
- Once the potatoes are an even consistency add the cheese and work that into the potatoes evenly. Stir in the ham. Shape into tubes the size of huge fingers. Place in the freezer for an hour or more.
- In a shallow bowl, add the egg and whisk. In a separate shallow bowl add the bread crumbs. Dip each potato piece in the egg, let excess egg fall off, then roll in bread crumbs. Continue for each of the pieces of potato. Fry in hot oil until golden on each side. Serve hot and enjoy!
Para Empezar, Las Tapas (Appetizers/tapas) –
- Apple, Chorizo, and Manchego Crostini by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Champiñones al Ajillo by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Chorizo and Sweet Potato Spanish Tortilla Bites by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Citrus & Fennel Marinated Olives by Go Epicurista
- Clams Casino Dip with Bacon by Girl Abroad
- Crab Enchilado Empanadas with Avocado Cream by Gourmet Everyday
- Deviled Eggs with Shrimp by Our Good Life
- Gambas al Ajillo (Garlic Shrimp) by Pook’s Pantry
- Garlicky Shrimp with Pancetta Olive Oil by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Gazpacho Cucumber Bites by A Mind Full Mom
- Gildas Picantes – Spicy Anchovy Olive Skewers by Food Lust People Love
- Herbed and Spiced Almonds by Get the Good Stuff!
- How to make Beef Sweet Sour Meatballs with Pineapple for #SundaySupper by Asian In America
- Manchego Cheese & Chorizo Bites with Saffron Alioli by Hardly A Goddess
- Margarita Ceviche by The Crumby Cupcake
- Pinchos Morunos (Spanish Pork Skewers) with Mojo Picon by Curious Cuisiniere
- Roasted Bell Pepper Goat Cheese Bites by She Loves Biscotti
- Roasted Eggplant and Piquillo Pepper Toasts by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Roasted Red Peppers and Anchovies with Bruschetta by The Hungry Goddess
- Seared Scallops with Shredded Manchego and a Bleu Cheese Crumble by The Freshman Cook
- Serrano Ham & Goat Cheese Croquettes by My World Simplified
- Serrano Ham Bites with Melon and Cheese by Palatable Pastime
- Shrimp Romesco Bites by Cooking On The Ranch
- Smoked Sardine Crostini by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Spanish Garlic Shrimp by Life Tastes Good
- Tomato Gazpacho With Fried Avocado Bites by Nik Snacks
- Tortilla de Camarones by The Healthy Fit Foodie
- Tortilla Española by Monica’s Table
- White Wine Marinated Steak with Blue Cheese by Caroline’s Cooking
- Zanahorias Aliñadas (Spanish Marinated Carrots) by Tara’s Multicultural Table
Postres (Desserts) –
- Buñuelos de Viento by Dessert Geek
- Chocolate Orange Macarons by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Chocolate Toasts with Apricot Jam by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Churro Bites with Chocolate Sauce by Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Churro Cupcakes by Pies and Plots
- Mini Vanilla Flans by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Mini Dulce de Leche Cheesecakes by The Redhead Baker
Bebidas (Drinks) –
- Tinto de Verano ~ A Sangria alternative by An Appealing Plan
Plus Alcachofas al Ajillo – Garlicky Artichokes – and Spanish Tapas Recipes from Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board