A #SundaySupper recipe for #JuneDairyMonth
~This post is sponsored by Florida Dairy Farmers in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.~
I live in Florida and love to get my products from as close to home as I can. I also expect a level of quality. Florida dairy farmers meet both of those requirements for me. It’s also neat to know that more than 130 dairy family farms are part of Florida Dairy Farmers. Most of which are owned and operated by second and third generation farmers. That is some knowledge being passed down!
- Here are the ways you can get in touch with Florida Dairy Farmers. Most of which are in Lafayette and Okeechobee counties.
I suggest you follow them across social media, you never know what you might see! You may even get to see a Holstein or two! (the black and white cows) Maybe as many as 5,000 on some farms. Thats a lot of milk! Actually Florida cows (over 120,000 of them) produce 2.34 billion pounds of milk a year. Each cow can produce about 6-8 gallons of milk a day! I needed a cow when my son was a teenager! I could of just sent him out 2-3 times a day to get his fill straight from the cow!
The month of June is dairy month. #JuneDairyMonth. Sunday Supper is starting the month out with a Sunday Supper dedicated to Florida Dairy Farmers. My friends across Florida and I have come up with some amazing recipes that are made with #FloridaMilk. I created my moms favorite dinner, hamburger gravy over potatoes. My mom made this all the time for dinner. I make it for my family now. It’s a quick dinner that is perfect for a weeknight supper too!
Does your family get enough milk? The recommended daily allowance is 3 cups of milk. My kids get theirs daily because I know that there are 9 essential nutrients and vitamins including protein, potassium, and magnesium to name a few. If you eat the entire meal of my Hamburger Gravy you will get the recommended daily serving of milk, hahaha.
Recipe for Hamburger Gravy:
1 pound ground beef
2 1/2 pounds potatoes chopped and boiled.
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons flour
3 cups milk
In a skillet brown beef, drain and set aside.
Melt butter in the same skillet. Add flour and cook stirring for 1 minute. Slowly pour in the milk and whisk until thickened. Add garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
Stir beef into the milk gravy and serve of hot boiled potatoes. Enjoy!
Milk in the Morning:
- Blueberry Coconut Muffins by Take a Bite Out of Boca
- Lighter Breakfast Quiche by The Healthy Fit Foodie
- Spinach Artichoke Strata by Helpful Homemade
- Strawberry and Cream Breakfast Smoothie Bowl by Family Foodie
- Strawberry Orange Banana Sunrise Crepes by The Gold Lining Girl
Milk during the Day:
- Fettuccine Alfredo by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Hamburger Gravy by My World Simplified
- Homemade Mozzarella by An Appealing Plan
- Langostino Mac and Cheese with Crispy Bacon and Chives by Pook’s Pantry
- Margherita Penne Pasta by Life Tastes Good
- Simple Polenta Recipe by Healing Tomato
- Summer Corn Soup by Casa de Crews
- Sweet Onion Tart by Flour On My Face
Milk in Desserts:
- Boozy Hazelnut Frozen Hot Chocolate by GO Epicurista
- Cannoli Cupcakes with Chocolate Pistachio Crunch by The Crumby Cupcake
- Chocolate Eclairs by Love and Confections
- Hot Milk Sponge Cake with Blueberries by The Hungry Goddess
- Mini Bread Puddings with Whiskey Caramel Sauce by Dessert Geek
- Nutty Cookies & Cream Ice Cream by Family Around The Table
- Strawberry Milkshake by Desserts Required
- Southern Buttermilk Pie by Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement